Thursday, June 28, 2007

Scott Walker... A Walking Nightmare

Recently, a few nights ago, I found a film I've been searching for 4 years. I was told it was the scariest movie ever made. I figured I could handle it. I thought I have seen enough scary movie's in my time to say that there is no such thing. Well... until just a few days ago I was wrong. The movie... Begotten. Silent, black and white, low fidelity, and horrifying images I could never conceive in my own mind.

As I watched the movie all I could think about was a musician named Scott Walker. His words, his music, and his voice is what the movie needed in order to produce a "Ring" like effect.
I suggest to all those who think they can withstand the intensity of an audible nightmare, listen to Scott Walker.

He was once a pop singer in the 60's with the Walker Brothers, and when he withdrew from his group he came across a startling journey of Avant Garde music. This journey has led him to his most recent work known as The Drift released in 2003.
I still cannot get through three songs without almost pissing myself. However I feel that the man is a genious.

Good Luck if you decide to take the chance. I suggest you do.

GET THE ALBUM
and Enjoy!

No comments:

 
Bookmark and Share