Thursday, September 6, 2007

Danny Tenaglia Boat Cruise Review

Tonight I had the pleasure of sailing around the Hudson River to the sounds of pure legend Danny Tenaglia. Truly a master of his craft, DT provided four hours of seamlessly edited house missiles. Very loose and very funky. Where does he get this stuff? I heard lots of familiar disco loops (Loose Joints, etc.) and lots of Groovejet classics that I couldn't identify. If anyone knows what synth made the organ sound in everyone of these productions, please let me know. Of course, all of these beats are edited to Danny's liking and served to the hungry dancefloor with the touch of a master. This party was originally scheduled for a few Fridays ago and I'm glad it happened the way it did. The weather tonight couldn't have been more perfect and 2 weeks ago I was at the screening of Daft Punk's Electroma. DT had the chicken pox and had to save it for tonight. Probably should've went to Shelter for the afterparty but we've got studio work of our own to do tomorrow. Fortunately, he begins a residency there in two weeks and we might get a taste of the old Vinyl/Arc days.

No comments:

 
Bookmark and Share